Kufsteinerland is a picturesque region located in the Austrian state of Tyrol and you can enjoy many free activities with a Kufsteinerland Card worth more than €100 and a lot of discounts. Kufsteinerland is surrounded by majestic mountains and boasts stunning landscapes that are sure to leave visitors in awe. The region is home to several quaint villages, each with its unique charm and character, it’s only a short distance from the German border
It is mainly known for its beautiful landscapes and includes main 9 picturesque villages:
- Bad Häring
You can experience Austrian traditions and a lot of cultural events here, for instance, concerts at the Kufstein Fortress(Festung Kufstein) arena with national and international stars and the Kufstein Unlimited Festival. And if you’re more of an active type, get ready for lots of hiking and mountain biking routes in the amazing Tyrol mountains.
If you need more inspiration or would like to participate in activities with locals, have a look here
- How to get to Kufsteinerland
- How to get free Kufsteinerland Card
- Free Entries with Kufsteinerland Card
- 1. Kufstein Fortress (elevator ride included) (worth €12.5)
- 2. Kufstein Kaiserlift (must do!) (worth €21)
- 3. Stud Farm Ebbs including the museum (worth €10)
- 4. Return trip in 4-seater chairlift: Oberaudorf – Hocheck (worth €10.9)
- 5. Riedel Glass Manufacturing
- 6. Public Transport around Kufstein
- 7. Mining Museum Bad Häring
- Discounts with Kufsteinerland Card
How to get to Kufsteinerland
From Munich East station, take the regional train BRB RB54 to Kufstein. The €49 ticket covers the whole trip so no need to buy another ticket. The journey takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Take A8 towards Dreieck Inntal, then follow A93 towards Kufstein. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
How to get free Kufsteinerland Card
When you stay at one of the numerous vacation homes in the Kufsteinerland area you will receive the so-called KufsteinerlandCard that provides discounts or free entries to certain sightseeing places. If your accommodation provides an online check-in form, you can fill in all guests’ e-mail addresses and get the KufsteinerlandCard sent to your mobile. This way, you can already use it on the day of your arrival, e.g. to take public transport to your vacation home. The card is personalized and holds the dates of your stay.
Even if you stay one night, you will receive the Kufsteinerland card and it is non-transferable
There are many guest houses, hotels start from €50 per night. Book Hotels
These are below recommendations to check out with your Kufsteinerland Card:
Free Entries with Kufsteinerland Card
1. Kufstein Fortress (elevator ride included) (worth €12.5)
With the Kufsteinerland Card, you can visit the Kufstein Fortress(Festung Kufstein) for free and experience the fortress rooms, chapel, prison rooms, and much more. You can also take a panorama lift with a Kufsteinerland card
2. Kufstein Kaiserlift (must do!) (worth €21)
You can take the free ride in the Kufstein Kaiserlift which takes 30min to reach the top and enjoy the beautiful views
3. Stud Farm Ebbs including the museum (worth €10)
You can visit the world’s oldest Haflinger stud farm, home to over 100 Tyrolean Haflingers, including mares with foals, young horses, and famous stallions.
4. Return trip in 4-seater chairlift: Oberaudorf – Hocheck (worth €10.9)
You can access the chair lift for winter hiking at Adventure Mountain Oberaudorf-Hocheck. Additionally, admission to the ski practice area, which includes two conveyor belts and a rope lift, is free at the large parking lot.
5. Riedel Glass Manufacturing
If you love wine, you’d enjoy observing the manufacturing process of wine glasses at Riedel Glass Company in Kufstein. Witness the effort and complexity put into crafting each piece.
6. Public Transport around Kufstein
Present your guest card to ride the following bus lines for free: 4030, 4036, 4902, 4026, 4055, 4068, 4046, Hechtseebus, Kufstein city bus, Kaiserjet of the Wilder Kaiser Region, EUREGIO Line Priental/Chiemsee, as well as event and ski buses
7. Mining Museum Bad Häring
Visit the mining museum which is located at the center of Bad Häring village
Discounts with Kufsteinerland Card
- The first 30 minutes are free for bike rentals VVT Regiorad
- 10% discount to entry Rare species Zoo Ebbs
- Reduced entry free for Beach bath Thiersee and Bathing lake Landl
- 50% discount for Kufstein Outdoor Swimming Pool
- 50% discount to Kufstein Ice Skating Arena
- One free hiking and biking map, and also a 5% discount on all souvenirs from the Kufsteinerland Shop.
- Verival organic foods, Langkampfen (verival.at, 20% discount on products)
There are still many offers and discounts that you can feel amazed, find more here
For a stress-free travel experience, Please check out the helpful links provided below.
- Book Flight Tickets and Hotels with discounts
- e-SIM for your Travel (Use SEP15 for a 15% discount for new users, SEP10 for existing users)
- Get insurance to worry less when traveling
- Rent a car on a budget
- Find storage for your luggage
Disclaimer: Additionally, this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost. Your support through these affiliate links helps us continue to bring you the best travel deals.